Colleena's Ocean Cottage

New Perlican, Newfoundland

2259_Photo1_2700.jpg
1 of 1
  • 2Bedrooms
  • 2Bathrooms
  • 4Guests
  • 2Parking Spots
  • 241 m2Building Size
  • 2 daysMinimum Stay
Colleena's Ocean Cottage Located in New Perlican, NL New Perlican, like many on the Baccalieu Trail, was first mentioned by John Guy's colonists in the early 1600's. Thomas Rowley,one of the colonists, wrote a letter to Sir Percival Willoughby telling him that he planed to setttle in New Perlican in 1620. He said that the fishing in New Perlican was " as good as any in the land". He said that once he was settled he would make his living by fishing, farming and trading with the Beothuk. Although we do not know if he actually went,we do know from a cencus that there were two planters living in New Perlican in 1675.


In 1697, Abbe Baudion, the priest who accoumpanied the french forces of Pierre Le Moyne d'Iberville when they attacked the English settlements, said," This Harbour of New Perlican is very nice, big ships can enter it. There are nine inhabitants and quantities of cattle.



The Baccalieu Trail Heritage Corporation has been conducting digs in New Perlican since 2001. Over 12,300 artifacts have been recovered from the Hefford Plantation, many dating to the last quarter of the 17th century.



Visit the many registerd historic structures and provincial historic sites along the Baccalieu Trail.


Newfoundlandf and Labrador has much to offer. Come and loose yourself in our down to earth culture while enjoying boat tours, walking trails, historic sites.
  • Winterized
  • Pets Allowed
  • Internet/WiFi
  • Accessible
  • No Smoking
  • Waterfront

Cottage Location

Rental Rates

$159.00 Per Day

2 Day Minimun Stay

Rates Based on double occupancy

Each additional person $15.00 per day maxium 4 people.......Special rates for weekly stays


Rates All rates are in Canadian dollars. 13% Harmonized sales Tax (HST) is extra.

Payment Policy: Money order, Certified Cheque, Cash

For advance reservations:

less than 30 days in advance, a full non-refundable payment is required upon booking

more than 30 days in advance, a 20% non-refundable deposit is required upon booking. The remaining 80% will be charged 30 days prior to check-in date and will be non-refundable.

Cancellation Policy: 30 days notice of cancellation is required.

Check-in / Check-out: Check in time is 3.00p.m. Plese let us know if you will be late. Check out time is 11 a.m.

Contact Owner

Wade or Colleen

Member since: 2011

 

 Show Phone Number709-437-2680